Samadhi is a small not-for-profit group. We are run entirely by volunteers, and no payment is given to teachers or administrators for their service. In this way, our motivation remains virtuous and those who are involved in Samadhi give their time or financial support solely through their compassion and wish to share the benefits of the teachings with others. Through your generosity, whether you are offering your time or a gift, we will be able to continue making important contributions to our community through The Samadhi Podcast, this website & our retreats and courses. You will also be helping us to raise funds for the Samadhi Retreat Centre Project.
1. Supporting by Giving Your Time
If you are unable to help us financially, or prefer to have a hands-on approach to supporting Samadhi, there are a number of ways you could help us and we would be very excited to hear from you. At present, we especially need help with transcribing of our podcast episodes and online teachings (to help those who are hard of hearing), event & podcast promotion, and social media support.
What we currently need help with:
2. Supporting by Making a Gift
While we strive to benefit as many people as possible, regardless of their financial situation, unfortunately in this world there are financial costs to cover. While we are able to offer some services free (the Samadhi Podcast for example), some services do request a donation to cover our costs. Through giving generously, we are able to cover our ongoing fees and lower the suggested donation fees on courses & retreats.
Examples of where your donation will go:
- Website fees (hosting & domain)
- Podcast hosting fees
- Advertising on social media
- Paper publicity
- Venue fees (rental fees & cost of chairs, cushions, etc)
- Cost of refreshments on day courses & retreats
- Cost of travel, accommodation, and/or meals for the teacher
- Cost of course materials
- The Samadhi Fund – a fund dedicated to covering retreat & course fees for those of low-income
- Fundraising for Samadhi Retreat Centre (initial fundraising goal of €100,000 eur)
- Fundraising for improved equipment (video camera and dedicated podcast microphone)
While Dassetu prefers gifts to be made to Samadhi for our retreat centre fundraising efforts, if you wish to make an offering (dana) to Dassetu personally you may do so by choosing this via the ‘Designation’ box below: