Charges & Profits
Is there a charge for attending a class, course or retreat?
Generally, there is a fee for attending one of our classes, courses or events. We carefully consider all fees to make sure they are reasonable to cover our operating costs and to make sure they are affordable for most. Examples of costs that are covered by fees are:
- Website fees (hosting & domain)
- Advertising on social media
- Paper publicity
- Venue fees (rental fees & cost of chairs, cushions, etc)
- Cost of refreshments
- Cost of travel, accommodation, and/or meals for the teacher
- Cost of course materials
Does anyone receive any money?
We are entirely run by volunteers, and no one is paid a wage for being a part of Samadhi. There is no money given to the teacher for their time in preparing, travelling or delivering any sessions, (though an offering may sometimes be made to guest speakers), nor is there any money exchanged for event planning, designing marketing materials, setting up advertising campaigns, or general running and maintenance of the website and social media pages.
What happens if someone cannot afford a fee?
We strongly believe that these teachings and practices should be available to everyone, regardless of their background, wealth, physical location, or any other characteristic for that matter. We especially believe that it is important that no-one is excluded because of low income.
We encourage those of low income to get in touch with us – depending on individual circumstances, we may be able to cover their fee through the Samadhi Fund. In the case of a retreat or weekend course, where we are able to cover the class/course/retreat fee, we regret that we are unable to cover the cost of accommodation, unless donations are received from other kind participants for this purpose.
If you would like to support our vision of making these teachings as accessible as possible, and you are able, please consider making a donation.
What happens to any profits made?
Any additional moneys that are not used on operating costs will be placed in the Samadhi Fund. The Samadhi Fund has multiple functions, but primarily it’s purpose is:
- to support the development of The Samadhi Retreat Centre project. We have a vision to purchase a plot of land and create the Samadhi Retreat Centre, a centre dedicated to helping people engage in long-term meditation retreat and building a self-sustainable, eco-conscious community.
- to cover fees for people who are normally unable to attend due to low income
- the development of future programs
Any other questions?
Please do get in touch if you have any questions, or would like to support us in some way.